ONLINE WORLD CIRCULAR ECONOMY FORUM + CLIMATE
Time & Location
About the Event
Parallel Session – Circular Economy: Crucial in Achieving the SDGs?
This session will discuss why a circular economy is crucial for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals during the Decade of Action.
In this session, representatives from governments, international organisations and businesses discuss why a circular economy is imperative for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in time. The session will not only discuss organisational and policy matters, but will also look at concrete circular business cases introduced by Footprints Africa and the African Circular Economy Network. These cases show that a just transition to a circular economy is not only crucial for achieving the SDGs before 2030, but also creates interesting business opportunities.
- H.E. Ms Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations - Executive Office of the Secretary-General (EOSG) of the United Nations
- H.E. Mr LI Yong, Director General of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- H.E. Ms Stientje van Veldhoven, Minister for the Environment of the Netherlands
- H.E. Ms Evelyna C. Wever-Croes, Prime Minister of Aruba
- Himkaar Singh, Chief Executive Officer of The Compost Kitchen
- Keiran Smith, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder of Mr. Green Africa
- Ikenna Azuike, Moderator